Big Block Battler (Mega G+)
Ford and Chevy Slammin’ on The Big Bank!
Big block stockers bang fenders on 40 Feet of track in this great set. You get super detailed Ford and Chevy stock cars, an AFX exclusive digital lap counter and the fantastic new Mega G+ system for the easiest slot car set to learn and to race – right out of the box!
Six great track layouts can be made with just the contents of this box with two 5 foot long straightaways, over/under track, banked curves and everything you need to keep the excitement going. It's fun to drive and doesn't take up a lot of space.
And now, like all new AFX sets, the Super Coupes set incorporates the Mega G+ Race System: the easiest slot car system to learn and the easiest to drive at the limit. More fun guaranteed!
This new system, together with the exclusive AFX Tri-Power Pack, adds a whole new dimension to the fun! The TPP’s three power levels allow new drivers to learn to race without getting frustrated. And setting the level is as simple as flipping the switch on the side of the Pack. The levels work like this:
- Beginner: Cars will stay on the track through about 95% to 100%* of the turns even at full throttle
- Intermediate: Cars will stay on the track through about 60% to 70%* of the turns at full throttle
- Expert: You’re on your own!
* Depending on track layout
Customers know what to expect with AFX: quality, performance and value. That's why more of them ask for AFX.
- ’’Integrated Mega G+ Race System’’ – Lets you learn faster and drive at the limit easier than any other slot car
- ’’Brand new Mega G+ chassis'' – Lowest, lightest, best handling chassis anywhere
- Super Detailed Gen 6 Ford and Chevy Stock Car Bodies – Extraordinary detail and realism
- Tri-Power Pack – Let’s everyone learn at their own pace – perfect for families with different skill levels!
- ''Digital Lap Counter’’ – Counts down to start the race, counts the laps and then displays a trophy for the winner. Only AFX has it.
- Officially Licensed by Ford and Chevy – As close as possible to the real thing
- Most powerful HO Set you can buy – Compare the AFX 22 volt power pack to the 17 volt versions in other people’s sets
- Directional Power Pack – Let’s you change track direction with a flip of the plug
- '' Easy plug, AFX120 Controllers’’ – Upgraded resistor tuned for easy drivability
- Tune-up Kit Included – Keep your cars running strong
What is the Mega G+ Race System?
It is a Slot Car system that delivers the perfect balance of grip and speed. The result is a slot car set that is easier to learn and easier to drive at the limit so you have more fun fast and keep having fun longer.
We achieved this by redesigning our famous Mega-G chassis, designing a new power unit and precisely mating it to our upgraded AFX120 controller and our exclusive Tri-Power Pack. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation behind it, we believe the Mega G+ Race System is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.
Mega G+ CHASSIS
This new chassis is the heart of the Mega G+ Race System. It is not just faster and better handling than the competition, now it is even smoother, more consistent, more intuitive and more fun to drive than any car we’ve ever built. Check out these performance features:
- FN20 Advanced Power Unit: Same power output as original Mega-G but lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy
- Weight: Up to 30% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than original Mega-G - Way more fun to drive
- Size: Lowest and narrowest chassis ever made - Much more realistic bodies
- Re-designed Pick-Up Shoes: Stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Center of gravity: Lowest of all competitors - Corners better than any other chassis
- Wheelbase: Longest available - Better proportioned bodies
- Guide Pin: Exclusive extra long tapered guide pin (Only AFX has it!) - Car stays in the slot longer
- Ground Effects Magnets: Level 30 Neodymium - Stays glued to the track
- Chassis Material: Nylatron - Super strong and durable
- High Carbon Power Unit Brushes: Last much longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System: Maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and better drivability
- Running Feet (2-lane): 40
- Floor Space Required for Primary Track: 7' x 4'
- Number of Cars: 2
- Number of Controllers: 2
- Number of Power Packs: 1
- Number of pieces of track: 42 (including lap counters and terminal track)
- Number of Digital Lap Counters: 1
- Number of Terminal Tracks: 1
- Type of Chassis: Mega G+